I want to tell you how excited I am that you found me here! I want to tell you a few fun facts about my-self: 1) I have 2 boys (3 including my husband) 2) I love Dr. Pepper and coffee 3) I suck at cooking~ my husband doesn't 4) I am addicted to traveling 5) I am a fiercely crafty gal! 6) My favorite trip (so far) is Dominican Republic (all inclusive) 7) We have a cat named Leo. 8) I like to watch DIY-HGTV shows (and often say "I can do that") 9) I think I have seen all of the Power Ranger shows 10) I really like the Hallmark channel (love all the romance!!!)
I have been a photographer all of my life but have made a business of it for the last 10+ years! I have an assistant (and bestie) Julie that might be with me for your session or wedding too!
Hi mY NAME IS DARCIE AND I AM THE GAL BEHIND THE CAMERA AND DL PHOTOGRAPHY!
Hello and Welcome! Either you're here because you're engaged to the one that brings you joy or you're here because you love joyful pictures, I am happy your here! I am Darcie and my assistant is Julie. We make up DL Photography by Darcie! We’re so excited that you found us and because we believe that getting to know our clients is the #1 way to ensure an awesome experience, I’d love to tell you a little about me! Here are a few things you should know!
- Darcie has been shooting as a business since 2014, but has always had a camera in hand!
- Julie and Darcie met when our oldest kids (now 23 years old) started kindergarten.
- I have two boys Hunter and Brody and have been married to Jeff 25 years this year!
- Julie has a boy and a girl- Ethan and Haley. Julie and Scot have been married for 27 years!
- We live in Salem, Oregon but we love to travel!
- Darcie’s grandfather was a professional photographer in Portland, Oregon.
- Julie started out being my assistant and is quickly picking up videography !
- Darcie is the lead photographer, email writer, blogger and editor!
- We shoot 10-15 weddings annually.
- Darcie loves tech toys, scrapbooking and going to the beach. Julie loves to spend time with her family, camping and traveling. Oh and her chickens the Golden girls!
- We love creating beautiful images but more importantly, we love serving couples and their families on the most special day of their lives!
We love getting to know each and everyone of you! Hearing your story, learning how you met, hearing life updates! We love to follow you on social and get to know you and all of your village. Some might say that's creepy lol, we think its awesome and a way to get to know everyone before your big day. Even after your big day, we love to stay in touch. We become friends and hopefully can be apart of your future. We want to build relationships. You aren't just a job to us. You become part of the DL family!
What's in my camera bag?
What outfit is best for my kids?
What lens is that?
Where can I buy that skirt for a photoshoot?